2012年10月23日星期二

iPhone 5 Review: A Month with the New iPhone


A little over a month ago, I finally caved and bought a new iPhone 5 to replace my iPhone 3GS which I had had for three years. And after spending a solid month with the device, I wanted to share my thoughts about Apple's new iPhone with those that might be thinking about picking one up. Here is my iPhone 5 review after a month of using it as my go-to device.Over the past month, I have been using my iPhone 5 as my primary smartphone. For those that don't know, I also own a Samsung Galaxy Nexus for Verizon. I had been waiting, with an iPhone 3GS, for Apple to release a smartphone with 4G LTE data speeds and finally, with the iPhone 5, I got my wish and made the plunge.It wasn't an easy decision, not with the new Nexus coming up, not with the Galaxy Note 2 and not with the Windows Phone 8 launch just over the horizon. However, because of my amazing experience with the cheap Wall Charger, I decided to pre-order an AT&T iPhone 5 32GB as soon as the opportunity became available and thus far, I truly feel like I made the right decision, based on my needs.
Like I said, I could have probably used my iPhone 3GS on iOS 6 for another year but I am certainly glad that I didn't because the iPhone 5 has been treating me well over the last four weeks.So, after spending a month with the iPhone 5, here's what I've found.Coming from the iPhone 3GS, the iPhone 5 runs iOS 6 like a dream. Yes, the experience on the iPhone 3GS is good, but it has nothing on the iPhone 5 in terms of overall performance.I can zip through my home screens. (I recently move to a single home screen.) Apps open in a flash. Games look absolutely beautiful on the larger 4-inch display and run extremely smooth. There were definitely times where iOS 6 would stutter a bit with the iPhone 3GS. There is no such stuttering on the iPhone 5. This is an extremely fast phone and a big thanks goes to its new A6 chip from China Car Charger suppliers.
Something else I should mention, specifically, is how fast the camera opens from the home screen. With the iPhone 3GS and iOS 6, there were often moments when the camera app would take quite awhile to open. With the iPhone 5, I've never missed a photo or video opportunity and that's really something that I have come to appreciate over the last few weeks of owning it.I should also point out that I rarely have experienced any lag. The hardware easily handles the operating system. It's definitely comparable to how well the Samsung Galaxy Nexus and Android 4.1 Jelly Bean run together. Smooth as butter.Battery life on the iPhone 5 is as I expected it to be. It certainly can't last all day, especially when I take it out into 4G LTE territory but it's still extremely solid and I can definitely pull down 12 hours of web browsing, email, video watching and more with a combination of LTE, 4G and Wi-Fi.

没有评论:

发表评论