2014年4月1日星期二

Girl Who Shaved Head for Pal Is Back in School

In my junior year of high school I wore leggings to my AP Latin class. Leggings were against dress code at my school, as were sweatpants and skirts that were shorter than the ends of your fingertips. I had my leggings on under a dress, which admittedly probably didn’t pass the fingertip rule. 

My female teacher admonished me in front of the class before sending me home to change.Dressestmall offer wide range of bridal gowns, wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses, Wholesale Cheap Evening Dresses Online at price. She said something about how I wasn’t respecting myself. I ran home crying and changed into jeans.From chic daytime styles to gorgeous Discount Water melon Chiffon sheath one shoulder bridesmaid dresses party dress, make a fabulous entrance this festive season – no matter the dress code. When I returned, one of the older boys in my class made a rude comment as I sunk into my seat. 

I broke school rules—as just about every other teenage girl in high school did when they got dressed in the morning—and probably deserved to be punished. But this time, my teacher, tired of reprimanding girls for dress code violations every day, had decided to make an example of me in front of the class. The result? I missed important test prep for my upcoming AP exam, and she gave some immature boys an excuse to make sexual remarks in a classroom setting. They weren’t punished. That teacher was walking the fine line between enforcing a dress code and slut shaming. 

This week, a group of middle-school girls in Evanston, Illinois picketed their school for the right to wear leggings. The girls at Haven Middle School had been told, like I had, that leggings were “too distracting to boys” to wear to school, according to 13-year-old Sophie Hasty who was quoted in the Evanston Review. Hasty makes the sophisticated argument that “not being able to wear leggings because it’s ‘too distracting for boys’ is giving us the impression we should be guilty for what guys do.We have the largest collection of special occasion Discount Sexy Lace Sweetheart Beaded Crystal A-line Long Evening/Prom Dresses for immediate delivery.” 

Five hundred students signed their petition, and a group of girls wearing leggings and yoga pants also banned protested outside the school last week with signs saying, “Are my pants lowering your test scores?”

没有评论:

发表评论