2014年1月13日星期一

Bargains avoid post-traumatic dress syndrome


In fact, if you want to pop some tags with only $20 in your pocket (a la Macklemore) in Whangarei, you could very well pick up a pre-loved Sass and Bide, World, Sylvester or Ricochet piece - all of which I found nestled in the garment racks of two local second-hand stores. Op-shopping is something I've always done sporadically - finding a gem here and there - but this year op-shops will be my sole source of clothes.

I'm going to do my own version of the Redress' 365 Challenge, a one-year second-hand clothing challenge started by Redress founder Christina Dean. The reasons behind the challenge include showing that fashion can be sustainable and keep clothing waste out of landfills. "With today's fashion production and consumption spiralling out of control,The thing about the Wholesale Cheap Noble Satin v-neck neck beaded mermaid wedding dresses HS56239 is that it should look amazing on you, while letting you be the center of attention. we must educate and inspire the public to rethink the way we consume, wear and discard our valuable clothes," says Ms Dean. My challenge this year is to buy second-hand, rather than wear entirely second-hand. I didn't have to chuck out my entire wardrobe although, admittedly, thinning out my wardrobe is partly why I am doing this challenge.I think you should star playing the Wholesale Cheap Stunning Satin Lace Sweetheart Crystal Sexy Mermaid Wedding Dress up game, now!

Last year I developed a rather nasty habit of constantly buying cheap, poor quality clothes under the guise of a bargain.
Most of these bargains have spent more time on the floor gathering dust than they have on me. In fact, at one point, they were everywhere. On the floor, the bed, the coffee table, the dresser, the bedside table, the boot and back seat of my car. It took me weeks to sort them. Many items I sold at a car boot sale for $1 a piece. So it resonated with me when, at last year's London Fashion Week, Dame Vivienne Westwood made a plea to the public to buy fewer and better quality clothes, saying: "Buy less. Choose well. Make it last. Quality, not quantity. Everybody's buying far too many clothes."

This makes another case for op-shopping. You can get good quality pieces - albeit pre-loved - for a fraction of the retail price. And they don't necessarily have to be designer, although designer labels are often made to last with good quality fabric and stitching. And these days you can find in-trend clothes, it's not all boho, vintage and retro. So I set myself a challenge: To find two outfits,If you are woman with long legs than you should get a blue and turquoise lily embellished body con that Taffeta Strapless Chapel Train Ruffles Applique Beaded Ball Gown Wedding Dress one shoulder of yours bare. workwear and evening/party wear, for under $50 at two Whangarei op-shops, Paper Bag Princess and the Red Cross Shop, both on Bank St.

没有评论:

发表评论